Last night I had the pleasure of speak to the new Windows 8 User Group in Boston. There was a pretty good crowd, well mixed in technologies (C# vs. HTML) and interests (enterprise dev vs. commercial dev vs. game dev). I hope that this will grow to be a vibrant Windows 8 community.
I spoke about some lessons learned from writing a Windows 8 book. Originally I was going to post my slides but they were mainly note for my talking points. Instead I will post the resources from the slides.
- Start Here: http://dev.windows.com
- Documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windows/apps/
- Great Samples http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps
- LOB Application Deployment: http://bit.ly/ytQW0u
- UX Design Guidance: http://bit.ly/yHiblE
You can barely scratch the surface of Windows 8 in a 20 minute talk. For more in depth talks I recommend you attend the Boston Code Camp, Saturday, October 20, 2012. I will be presenting on how to Reimagine the Enterprise for Windows 8. Specifically I will cover how to build an enterprise application for Widows 8. I look forward to seeing every there on Saturday and then again at the next group meeting.
Leave a Reply